Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Usefulness of Blogs

I just finished having a colloquium with Kim Obbink from Montana State University, working with Distance Education in the said university. She gave a lot of good information about connecting with students using technology. It was a very wonderful presentation. But there was one thing in particular that hit me.

A couple of nights ago, I began thinking about where I am in my education and what other great professionals have done. I realized that almost all great professionals have kept a journal as they study their field. So I thought that perhaps I should do that as well. But today, Kim gave me an idea that I thought would be great. After all, what good is the stuff I learn if it doesn't help somebody else?

One technology that I realized in today's presentation as useful for classes is a blog. I need to look into using a blog for the next class I teach. I figured that in the meantime, that this would be a great idea for a new blog. You can see my new Teaching Journal at http://teachingmeo.blogspot.com/. I hope that this idea as well as those to follow become useful to some who browse through this blog.

No comments: