Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Weekly Talks

I seem to remember hearing an apostle (I remember Elder Boyd K. Packer) saying in a CES training session that one way to learn the gospel well is to write a talk every week. I looked for a reference for that, but couldn't find one. If anyone else has heard that, or better yet, knows where I can find the reference, that would be wonderful.

All the same, I never forgot that. I have always wanted to do that, but never could bring myself to such a commitment. I finally decided that I'm ready to try doing just that. I haven't quite succeeded in writing one talk weekly. However, I have written two during the past month (I started a third, but it didn't turn out like I had hoped). It has really improved my study time. I have thoroughly enjoyed coming to know the Savior by finding the words to teach the doctrines He has taught through His holy prophets.

As soon as I post this, I will post my two talks that I have written. I hope that everyone who reads them will feel the Holy Ghost testify of the truth of the Gospel. It is true. There is no possible way that it can't be true.

No comments: