Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Most wonderful news!!

Wonderful news! Last night, January 8, 2008, at about 6:45 pm, in the chapel located above the main lobby of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building, I asked Eliza Clawson to marry me, and she said Yes!!!! Wahoo!!!! I am so excited! We are planning to get married on May 6, 2008, in the Manti Temple. This is a wonderful time, and I am very, very excited to spend my life with this amazing daughter of God.

We met a year and a half ago, at the end of August 2006. We were beginning a new semester at the University of Utah, me in my Senior year, and she as an entering Freshman. We spent a year together in orchestra, both in the cello section. Through the summer of 2007, we spent a lot of time together in Institute Choir. Then a point came in late July that we just felt that we needed to take another step, and began dating. From there, everything just seemed to say that we were on the right path, and it seemed that we were pointed in the right direction the whole time. And so we were led to this point, and I am very excited to marry this amazing and most wonderful girl in my life.

2 comments:

red said...

Mackerel! I mean...wahoo! Fantastic, wonderful, exciting, all together the best thing in the world. You two are wonderful, and I love you both.

Anonymous said...

Hee hee. Mackerel is right. I'm sorry to leave some of you out on that inside joke, but it basically means wahoo!!!! yipee!!!! or something like that. *sigh* The word is out, tentatively (officially) on the calender, and life is grand. Needless to say, and an understatement at that, I am excited. I'll let all ya'll in on my version of the story sometime soon when it is not 11:30 at night and I am feeling more coherent. Wahoo!!